Thursday, March 12, 2015

Our Wedding: The Bouquets


I shared a flower inspiration post before my wedding and now I can talk about the flowers that I actually got for our wedding! As I've mentioned before, I really like the wild, loosely put together bouquet look and one of my favorite floral designers to follow is Studio Choo. For my wedding bouquet, and for the bridesmaids' bouquets, I wanted something wild looking that played with a mix of textures. I've also written about my favorite flower shop, De Fire Årstider in Lyngby, and knew I wanted to get my wedding flowers from them.

A few weeks before the wedding we went to ask about how it worked with flowers and everything and the florists at De Fire Årstider told us to come back about two weeks before the wedding so that we could see what was in season. I mean, people at home book their florist months in advance before their wedding because florists can only take so many wedding orders on the same day. So I thought it was pretty crazy going to the florist two weeks before our wedding, but it worked! I also brought some photos and examples of bouquets I liked, and De Fire Årstider took it from there. Besides my bouquet, the bridesmaids' bouquets and the boutonnieres, we also ordered flower crowns for our two flower girls and wrist corsages for our moms. 


I never got a trial bouquet or anything made so the first time I saw the bouquets was on our wedding day. And to be honest, besides the colors and some of the flowers they used, the bouquet I got did not look very much like the wild, loose bouquets I had given them photos of. However, I did really like the bouquets and loved the mix of colors in them. It was just one of those things where you're like "they're not exactly what I wanted, but they're still really nice and at the end of the day, it's not what's the most important!". As I am pretty petite, the bouquet was actually a really good size. It wasn't big and overwhelming and was proportionate to my height and size. 



In some ways, Danish florists are pretty traditional. Whenever I see bouquets in the stores, they are the typical, tightly bound round shaped bouquets, or they are the more traditional but regal looking wedding bouquets with orchids or lillies cascading down the side. Even though I though De Fire Årstider would be better at achieving the loose and wild style I wanted, they didn't exactly deliver. But they are still one of my favorite florists as they have quite a wide selection of flowers to choose from and they do incorporate some of the wilder elements into their bouquets. 

Another florist I contemplated was Blomsterskuret in the city. They have the cutest little shop on Værnedamsvej and also have a wilder look. However, the prices at De Fire Årstider was more in our budget and I am more familiar with them so we went there, even though it is a few kilometers outside of the city. Although the flowers didn't turn out exactly like I had envisioned, I really did like the bouquets we had at our wedding. They were pretty, colorful and fun, and complemented the look of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment