Sunday, June 23, 2013

Everything Under the Sun




It was the boyfriend's birthday on Friday! We made two gateau marcel's for him to take to work and share with his colleagues. When he came home in the afternoon we went for coffee on Gammel Kongevej. After coffee we had dinner with his family at Sticks'n'Sushi and they came over afterwards for some coffee and profiteroles and the boyfriend opened his presents. It was a really relaxing and cozy evening. 


Yesterday afternoon we biked to the opera house to watch the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series here in the harbor with some friends. It was amazing to watch all of the divers free fall, do twists and flips from the roof of the opera house and dive into the water. 



Earlier this week my classmate posted a link to a new dessert and cocktail bar that just opened in the city. The bar is called Candeur and it is located at Ny Adelgade 4. The boyfriend and I went there with three of his friends and I had a great banana cake topped with banana chips and served with chocolate ice cream as well as a refreshing lemonade. The boys had some cocktails and everyone really liked the idea of going out after having dinner at home or a restaurant, and having desserts and cocktails later in the evening at a different place. Plus they had really awesome service. We will definitely be going there again.


I wanted to bake something this morning and I asked the boyfriend what he felt like and he said scones. Luckily, we had everything we needed in the fridge already so scones were made! I have a go-to recipe for lemon blueberry scones but I thought I would try a new one today so I went with this recipe from Pastry Affair. They are not very sweet which I like but I found them a bit dry. So next time I make lemon blueberry scones, I think I will stick to this recipe from Baking Bites that I've used several times but maybe decrease the lemon juice in the dough a little bit because it can get quite wet. Now that I've been writing about them I feel like having another one! 

And that has been our weekend so far! I can't believe we are in the last week of June already. What have you got planned for the summer? What are you looking forward to doing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment