Sunday, April 24, 2016

33 Weeks


We are  (slowly) nearing the end! The baby will be considered full term in just under 4 weeks now, but I am not getting my hopes up that she'll come early. So who knows, we may have 7 to 9 weeks left. I really hope she doesn't get too too comfortable in there at the end. I also feel like I have grown a ton the last few weeks even though my weight hasn't gone up very much. The bump is getting a little big and awkward to deal with. It has been a bit more uncomfortable sitting at a desk all day the last few weeks and I'm constantly changing sitting positions. But anyways, I'll get to the update!


How far along are you? 33 weeks + 2 days

Sleep: I am still sleeping through the night but have been getting up really early, and it's not because I am going to bed earlier. I am getting up around 5:30 these days. Yikes! I would love to get an extra half hour but I haven't been too tired from these earlier wake up times.

Movement: There's still a lot of movement going on in there! Sometimes I describe the feeling as there's an alien in your stomach and it's trying to crawl out. Jabs are getting stronger and there are more obvious stretching movements. They are also starting to get painful and really uncomfortable. Her bum is normally around my belly button and her little feet are way out there on the side.

Favorite moment: We ordered some little baby mocs last weekend and they arrived in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to see her in them! They are seriously so cute.

Cravings: Nope still no cravings. Although we have been watching season 3 of Mind of a Chef on Netflix and now I really want fried chicken. I guess that counts as a craving? In general though, I always just miss and crave food I can't find here...

Looking forward to: Finishing the last few days of my internship this week! After this week, I get to start my mini vacation/maternity leave. It's been nice going to work everyday and being productive, but I'm getting more lazy about moving around and taking the metro and climbing four sets of stairs at home and at work.

Changes to the home: Our baby room is pretty much all put together. We have the crib, the changing table, little closet and lights all set up. Now we just need to fill in the shelves and organize and pick up a few more things for her like clothes and pacifiers and baskets to store diapers, etc. I'd like to add a bit more decor to her room but we're also not in a rush.


That's all from me for now! Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment