Thursday, March 3, 2016

This Week's Flowers



I don't know if I had pregnancy brain yesterday or if I was just in a rush out the door, but I forgot my keys at home when I left the apartment. I had a meeting in the city yesterday morning and on my way home, I stopped to pick up some flowers and went to buy some groceries, and as I was leaving the grocery store, I realized I didn't have my keys and couldn't get into our apartment. Plus it was pouring rain and super windy (as always). Luckily, my friend B saved the day and I stayed at her place until the husband got off work!



When I did get home, I put the anemones I bought earlier in the day in some water and they've opened beautifully. I especially love the ones with a bit of purple in them, it looks like the color is painted onto each petal. I also love anemones because they remind me of Icelandic poppies which are super hard to find here, but I've seen them pop up lately!

Anyways, moral of the story is, don't forget your keys when you leave home and anemones are just so delicate and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment