Saturday, January 23, 2016

20 Weeks


I am really tempted to call this a "bumpdate" but I won't because it is sorta cheesy (even though I am secretly loving the word). But this IS a baby bump update!

As of Friday, I am officially halfway/20 weeks into this pregnancy. I read quite a few blogs, a handful of which are baby/mom blogs, and I've seen quite a few people do these weekly updates and I think they're fun to read. I haven't recorded so much of this pregnancy so I thought it would be fun to do updates every once in awhile. Some people do really long extensive bump updates, but I've just picked and chosen what I like/feel like sharing so here we go!



How far along are you? 20 weeks +1 day

Sleep: At the beginning of the pregnancy I was sleeping really early (like 8:30pm) but things are back to normal now. I have noticed that I haven't been sleeping as well or as deeply as before though. A bit more tossing and turning these days.

Movement: The baby has been kicking the last two weeks. There aren't any set patterns or anything, but I do notice them more in the evening and sometimes after having something to eat.

Favorite moment: I told the husband to put his hand on the little bump earlier this week and I told him the baby had kicked and he said he felt it so that's pretty special!

Cravings: I haven't had any outrageous cravings this whole pregnancy. Mostly craving things that I already liked before getting pregnant. This means chips and fries! Although I try to control my chip eating a bit and sometimes shake things up and have popcorn instead.

Looking forward to: We have a scan on Monday night where a midwife will examine the baby from top to bottom and we'll get to find out whether we're having a girl or a boy, so we are really looking forward to that!

Changes to the home: Nothing so far. We might go look at some sofa couches tomorrow for my parents to stay on when they come visit in June but otherwise, all of the major changes will happen after I finish working (and after more visa applications - story of my life here).

1 comment: