Sunday, December 7, 2014

Our Wedding: the Dress


I wrote about my dress shopping experience earlier this year and now here's the reveal! After visiting several stores in Copenhagen and doing a little bit of online shopping, I found my dress at Lucca here in the city. Tina mentioned that she had gone past the store so I went on their website and made an appointment. Having gone through their website front and back, I knew I had to try this one dress. And well, that was the dress I ended up buying!


I love this Jenny Packham design but I was not willing to spend such a large sum of money on my dress. The Hany dress from Lucca had a similar look to the Jenny Packham dress but had a fuller skirt which I didn't mind. When you know it's the right dress you just know. I didn't have any crying moments because I was really practical about the whole dress shopping experience, but I just knew that this was the one. I was very open to different types of dresses and different styles, but everything paled in comparison to this Hany dress. Plus the staff at Lucca were great and their prices were in my price range. My mother-in-law and friend S had been to the other wedding dress shops with me and everyone loved this dress so it confirmed that this was the one! I literally went back to the store and bought it the next day!


I love the light beading on the sleeves and the front of the dress. I also love the dramatic deep back on the dress. We got married on a really hot July summer day so I was really glad that my dress wasn't made of heavy materials. The dress is made out of chiffon so it was relatively light and easy to move around in.


Because there was already beading on the dress, I decided to skip wearing a necklace and went with danglier earrings. My parents also gave me a beautiful diamond bracelet as a wedding gift which I also wore on our wedding day. At the church ceremony and for a few photos afterwards, I wore a simple fingertip length veil.

And that's the story of my dress!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress for a gorgeous girl!
    I loved how it fit, and made you look tall. It also enhanced your grace, it was just wonderful:)

    Again, congrats Karen!

    ReplyDelete