Monday, November 10, 2014

Quick Trip to Brussels




I am an intern at a research consultancy at the moment and one of the projects I have been working on has been an evaluation for the European Commission. So last Tuesday after work, two colleagues and I flew to Brussels for a workshop on Wednesday. Tuesday and Wednesday were really long days but also really exciting. I mean, I'm not even from Europe, but knowing how much the European Commission does in the EU, it was very interesting for me to be in Brussels and at one of their offices. So in 24 hours, I slept in a really luxurious hotel room for 7 hours, had moules frites twice, took notes at an 8 hour workshop, and bought two boxes of chocolate. Oh and we did see Grand Place and well, some of Brussels highways. I have heard that Brussels is a really wonderful place full of great places to eat and see so I hope I get the opportunity to go there again soon! Oh and it is true what they say, chocolates from Belgium are truly amazing and some of the best I've ever tasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment