Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pretty and Wild Wedding Flowers


So I just checked and in like two days, we will only be a hundred days away from our wedding! All of the invitations have been sent and I've started thinking about decor, day of schedules, and my favorite, flowers! 





The other week, we celebrated my future mother-in-law's birthday and I bought her The Flower Recipe Book by Alethea Harampolis and Jill Rizzo. Harampolis and Rizzo are the duo behind Studio Choo, one of my favorite florists to follow. I can only dream of having them do my wedding flowers because they are based in San Francisco. I love their work because their arrangements have a wild touch and they mix and match flowers with other natural elements so well. 



We have thought about doing our own wedding flowers but right now I would prefer getting a florist to at least do the bouquets. I've never really made bouquets before and I'm not sure I want to experiment with it for the wedding. I could start practicing now and do some research on what flowers will be in season in July. Something I still need to think about! However, I am open to doing the arrangements for the church ceremony and use some of the recipes from The Flower Recipe Book. What are your thoughts on this? Did you use a florist for your wedding flowers or did you DIY it? 

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

No comments:

Post a Comment