Monday, December 30, 2013

A New Year without Gluten



If you follow me on Pinterest, you might have seen that I've been posting one, lots of wedding stuff, and two, a number of gluten free recipes. As I mentioned in my last post, I've started to go gluten free and will try it for 2014. I'm not going on a paleo diet or a low carb diet. I've just had some symptoms in the last year that I haven't been able to fix with other methods and I've read that these could be symptoms of gluten intolerance so I'm testing it out.

Eating gluten free isn't going to be a huge change for me except for when it comes to baking. I've started to experiment with some gluten free flour from Doves Farm and I already use almond flour on a regular basis. I've also bought some xantham gum, brown rice flour, white rice flour, buckwheat flour, etc. etc. to start making my own gluten free flour mix. One of the things I will really need to get used to is the difference in texture when baking with gluten flour. So far I've made banana bread and snickerdoodles with my flour from Doves Farm and the texture is sandier and it just feels different when I am eating it.


But there are also many recipes, some of them I've shared on here, which don't contain any flour at all. So I don't even need to make substitutions! Some of my favorite treats like macarons, gateau marcel, and panna cotta are naturally gluten free. I'm looking forward to share more recipes like these in the new year!

So, I am going gluten free in 2014! What have you set out for yourself in the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment