Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Last of September

Last week was a lot of fun.



I did an exchange semester in Hong Kong five years ago now and one of the friends I made there was in town for two days. M is a flight attendant and she flew into Copenhagen for the first time ever last week so we spent a day and a half wandering around the city, I took her to my favorite cafes, and we had the most wonderful time catching up on life. You can read more about her time here in Copie on her blog, she wrote the most beautiful post about her two days here.



I also tried dip dying for the first time last week! I would like to have ombre looking pillows for our couch in our living room so I tested it out on some old pillow cases first. I love them. We are currently using the dip dyed pillows in our bedroom even though they don't match our duvet covers. I bought some olive green and amethyst dye so I'll be dipping some more pillow cases soon! First, I have to find some good white cotton pillow cases...


On the weekend, the boyfriend was like "I want some gammeldags æblekage" which translates to old-fashion apple cake. The word kage/cake throws me off though because there is no actual cake in this dessert! It is so simple to make. All you need is some applesauce, whipped cream, and some crumble topping. Layer them in that order and there you go! It is a tasty little treat. I just wish there was some actual cake in there!

What were the highlights of your week?

1 comment:

  1. Your friend is a SQ flight attendant? Nice. I always fly with them whenever I go home to Indonesia :)

    ReplyDelete