Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cheesecake at Bertels Kager



We were planning on going for a walk tonight and well, a walk turned into going down the street to try a new cake place! I love living close to the center of our neighborhood because we live no more than 3 minutes away from many different cafes, restaurants, and ice cream shops. We noticed Bertels Kager on Falkoner Allé a few weeks ago. Their exterior stood out from other stores on the street, catching our attention, and although we've walked past it a few times and have looked in their window, we just hadn't found time to try it yet. Until tonight that is!



Bertels Kager specializes in gourmet New York style cheesecakes. Tonight they had five different types of cheesecakes including Oreo, peanut butter, chocolate, mixed berries, and strawberry. Besides cheesecakes, they serve breakfast in the morning and tapas in the evening. They have a variety of drinks available as well from coffee to wine to this amazing Fresh Ginger Ginger Ale. (I also had a pomegranate ginger ale from this brand on the weekend at Maude's - another great cafe in Frederiksberg).



Now, I know I write and post recipes for a lot of cakes, desserts, and sweets on here so one may naturally assume that I like cheesecake. But actually, I've never liked cheesecake. My mom and sisters love it, but I've always passed on it. It's just that I'm not a huge fan of cream cheese (or many cheeses at that), especially in large amounts. I've grown to like cream cheese frosting, but it is definitely not my go-to. However, the boyfriend and I did share a slice of Bertel's Oreo cheesecake tonight and I actually enjoyed it! The cake had a Oreo crust, a heavier cheesecake layer on the bottom with crushed cookies in it, and a lighter whipped layer on top. I'm a little bit afraid to try their other cheesecakes because they didn't have this whipped layer on them but if you love a good cheesecake, I would definitely recommend going there! If not for the cheesecake then for the cozy atmosphere! 



Falkoner Allé 54
2000 Frederiksberg

P.S. They're open until 10pm every night! That's pretty rare for cake and coffee places in Copenhagen.

7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Karen, you'll have to give me a list of places to visit in Copenhagen. Only two days there! -Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When are you going to be here?!?! :)

      Delete
    2. July 22-24.I am going to peruse the "Copenhagen love" tab of your blog!

      Delete
    3. Yes do that haha! I can also send you a personal list ;) I don't update that one enough! Too bad we won't be here when you are in Copie!!! You'll love it though I'm sure!

      Delete
  2. Awwwww, CHEESECAKE! (I LOVE cheesecake). I live in Frederiksbeg as well but I'm just terrible at finding "hyggelige" and cool places to eat cake - perhaps I live at the "boring" side of FRB :) But will definitely check out this place - thanks!

    Please let me know, if you know other good cake places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmy! Check out my "copenhagen love" tab at the top of my blog for other recommendations! My personal favorite for cake is Strangas on Åboulevard close to Forum station! :)

      Delete
  3. Er du sindssyg, hvor ser det bare lækkert ud!

    - Anne

    ReplyDelete