Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hand Me Downs


Even though I was the oldest of three daughters growing up, I still got some hand me down clothes from family friends and my cousins for example. Well, this time, I'm not getting clothes from older friends or my family, it's from the boyfriend! He has had this blue oxford shirt in his closet for a long time and the other night he was like "I'm not keeping this shirt anymore! It is too small for me! Do you want it?". Unlike all the boyfriend shirts that are actually available in stores for ladies these days, I really did get my boyfriends shirt! 



As the boyfriends shirt was a little long, I took the two front ends and just made a single knot. I don't mind the longer look in the back so I left it and didn't tuck it in or anything. I paired the shirt with my waxed black cigarette jeans from Urban Outfitters rolled up. I love the BDG cigarette jeans from UO. They are pretty much my go-to jeans and they are the only brand that I've bought jeans from again and again. I did also wear a basic gray tee under the boyfriend shirt for extra layers and to stay warm in the freezing temperatures. And unlike the flip flops you see in these pictures, I wore my New Balance sneakers when we were out in the city. And lastly, I'm wearing a necklace that I made at Craftenhagen. We learnt how to make these necklaces from M of Copenhagen Day to Day. I love how simple the necklace is, but it still draws some attention from the two silver beads on it. Check out her shop Psoesaie if you are interested in buying some of her unique jewelry! 

And that is the story of my hand me down boyfriend shirt!

4 comments:

  1. Hej hej Karen!
    Love your outfit... and the necklace ♥ Thxs!
    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    M ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for teaching us how to make this necklace! I hope you enjoyed the sunny weekend! See you soon :)

      Delete
  2. Haha those exact jeans are my go-to. My husband was recently in San Fran and was going to pick some up for me but they've totally upped their price - grrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm going to Vancouver in July for 2 weeks and was hoping to get a new pair over there! Keeping my fingers crossed for some good sales over there this summer :)

      Delete