Saturday, October 6, 2012

When Life Gives You Apples...

You make applesauce!



I don't have an exact recipe for applesauce but here is how I usually do it.

Chop up how ever many apples you want depending on how much applesauce you want to make. Peel, core and chop the apples into small chunks. Place into a small saucepan or pot and almost cover the apples with water. Give the apples a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice and cook everything on medium with the lid on. When the water starts boiling, turn the heat to low and take the lid off. Add raw sugar and cinnamon to taste. Cook and gently mash the apples until you get the consistency you want.

Now that is cool and rainy here, a bowl of warm applesauce warms me right up!

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect! I'm giving it a try as I have a few apples at home. :)

    - Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the applesauce you make! :)

      Delete