Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Things I Worry About

Getting a little bit real today...

I wasn't necessarily scared when I moved to Scandinavia a little over two years ago. I wasn't really scared getting my wisdom tooth removed a few months ago. I wasn't scared or worried moving to Copenhagen. I'm not particularly worried that I don't have a job after graduating in June.

The things that really do worry me and get me into a wreck are mostly health related. And most of the time I'm scared and worried because I don't actually know what signs or symptoms mean, if they mean anything at all. I think about what I could be diagnosed with and how that would affect my life. And as hard as I try not to worry myself and let myself be scared, sometimes I just can't help it, I'm only human. (Just to let you know and not to worry you, I don't have any life-threatening illnesses, or sicknesses, or anything at the moment.)

I don't talk about what I believe in very often, not because it is not important to me, but because I'd rather live out my values and beliefs than talk about them. Lately, I've been listening to "Take Heart" from Hillsong United a lot. The song reminds me why I don't need to worry about things. Plus I have a boyfriend who stays strong for the both of us and an amazingly supportive family.


Also, I bought the book "Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected" by Kelle Hampton and started reading it last night. I have been reading Kelle's blog for over a year now and her life and her family are so incredibly inspiring to me. The way in which she and her family deal with the unexpected and the journey that they are on is just so beautiful. It is not what we are given in life that determines our happiness, our futures and our outlook on things, it is how we choose to respond to them. 

A bit of a random post today. These are just some of the things that I have been thinking about lately. Will be back with a new vanilla cupcake recipe next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment