Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Mad Hatter Bubble Tea Emporium



Awhile ago, one of our friends told us that a new bubble tea place was opening in Copenhagen but we haven't been in that area or stopped by there until last night. Just like pho, I may now be hooked on bubble tea after not having any the last two years! The boyfriend has never had bubble tea but I have been drinking it for years. Although it is not usually something I crave or would buy on a regular basis like I would a chai latte at home in Vancouver, having a taste of it again last night reminded me that I do enjoy the occasional bubble tea!






The Mad Hatter Bubble Tea Emporium opened towards the end of June right in Sankt Hans Torv in Nørrebro just a few blocks away from the lakes. Their bubble teas are created with fresh brewed green or black tea served cold or warm and paired with the original tapioca pearls or flavored ones. With the various fruit teas you can choose between jasmine and oolong tea, and with the milk tea's you can choose between a jasmine or assam tea with cream.



The boyfriend and I shared a large passion fruit jasmine ice tea with the classic pearls and we both really enjoyed it. The tea was delicious and the pearls were just the right texture. I asked the guy behind the counter whether or not people in Copenhagen really knew about bubble tea and he said that most of the people who know about bubble tea in the city are Asian. And I was like, of course!

The boyfriend and I have a loyalty card now and after that first experience, I think he is hooked. And like our pho phase (we're not completely over it yet, we still talk about having it at some point each week!), we may be going for bubble tea regularly the next few weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Hurray!!!

    Potential job? Or would all you would make be spent on bubble tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha maybe ;) also, I feel as if I am becoming more asian the longer I am in Scandiland? I've been buying hello kitty paper towels, been craving pho noodles, and now I'm drinking bubble tea! ahhahahaha!

      Delete
  2. You should check out Taste of Taiwan Cocktail tea-it's authentic Taiwanese bubble tea, made and imported from Taiwan.

    https://www.facebook.com/TasteofTaiwanCocktailTea?ref=ts

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete